We have an experienced team that has worked with numerous not-for-profit organisations across a range of industries throughout Australia and understand the various issues that many organisations face in the non-for-profit sector. Our team have extensive experience and knowledge with the new registration and reporting requirements of the Australian Charities & Not-for-Profits Commission (ACNC).
How can our team assist Charities & Not-for-Profit organisations?
Our team will assist Charities & Not-for-Profit organisations with:
- Advising on appropriate legal structure and preparing governing documents;
- Taxation exemptions and concessions;
- GST compliance and availability of duty exemptions;
- Stamp duty concession;
- Payroll tax concession;
- GST concession;
- intellectual property advice and protection strategies;
- Property Transactions;
- Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) status;
- Testamentary Gifts;
- Establishment of charitable trusts;
- Intellectual Property compliance audits & advice;
- Volunteer qualifications;
- Commercial Contracts;
- Risk Management;
- Reputation Management and Protection;
- Safeguards for protecting the vulnerable;
- Sensitive Information obligations;
- Corporate Governance;
- Complaint handling;
- Superannuation obligations and issues;
- Dispute mediation;
- Tax (ATO) audits;
- Reporting requirements to the ATO and ACNC;
- State and Local Government registrations concessions; and
- Property and leasing advice.
FC Lawyers are passionate and dedicated about the work we do with the not-for-profit sector and understands the issues that impact on those involved.
Our team will assist organisations or people setting up not-for-profit organisations in a wide range of areas that affect these organisations.
Contact our experienced team today to discuss your options or legal issues.