In a sellers’ market, you may be wanting to sell your townhouse or unit due to the pricing available and demand. A townhouse or unit is very different when it comes to selling as the contracts are generally different.
What happens when you sell a townhouse or unit?
When you’re selling a townhouse or unit, our team of conveyancing specialists will:
- review your contract of sale and advise on any issues including conditions such as finance, building and pest etc
- add in any inclusions of fixtures, fittings, and any special conditions you’d want in the sale of your property
- discuss your obligations to current tenants of your property (if there are any)
- Monitor all relevant dates of the contract
- Liaise with the Buyers solicitor for any extensions/conditions that may be added or asked for
- Liaise with financier in arranging settlement (if required)
- Assist with ATO Clearance Certificate (if required)
- calculate all the final settlement figures and arrange for settlement between all parties
- settle the sale of your townhouse or unit. This can be arranged online via PEXA if the other side (purchaser’s solicitors) can do so.
- Provide you with all documentation from the property settlement including searches, settlement statements and any other documents you may require.
What are the next steps involved in selling a townhouse or unit?
If you’re wanting to proceed with selling your townhouse or unit, contact our team of conveyancing specialists today to discuss your options. Our team will be able to provide you with all the information needed to make an informed decision.
If you’re wanting to sell your townhouse or unit without a real estate agent, our team of property lawyers and conveyancing specialists will work with you to ensure a smooth conveyancing process.
Our team have offices in Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast with a friendly team of property lawyers and conveyancing specialists ready to help you through the selling process.
Contact our property team today
Contact our team today to discuss your conveyancing needs.