What if I need an easement to be registered on somebody else’s property?

  • Blog
  • What if I need an easement to be registered on somebody else’s property?
View All Articles

Scroll for more

From time to time, it happens that you may need to register an easement on someone else’s property.

For example –

  1. You might have your services (water, sewerage, electricity, telecommunication etc.) running through a neighbouring property to get to your property; or
  2. You might not be able to access the road unless you travel over a neighbouring property.

Under Queensland legislation, a person is able to apply to Court to obtain an order granting an easement over property, subject to some conditions being met.

If you need an easement, have an easement and you need to know your rights, or not sure whether there is a registered or unregistered easement affecting you, then we recommend that you contact our office to discuss this.

If you want more information on easements in general, please click here.

If you have any questions regarding the above, please contact our team of property lawyers.

The information provided in this article is for general information and educative purposes in summary form on legal topics which is current at the time it is published. The content does not constitute legal advice or recommendations and should not be relied upon as such. Whilst every care has been taken in the preparation of this article, FC Lawyers cannot accept responsibility for any errors, including those caused by negligence, in the material. We make no representations, statements or warranties about the accuracy or completeness of the information and you should not rely on it. You are advised to make your own independent inquiries regarding the accuracy of any information provided on this website. FC Lawyers does not guarantee, and accepts no legal responsibility whatsoever arising from or in connection to the accuracy, reliability, currency, correctness or completeness of any material contained in this article. Links to third party websites or articles does not constitute any endorsement or approval of those sites or the owners of those sites. Nothing in this article should be construed as granting any licence or right for you to use that content. You should consult the third party’s terms and conditions of use in relation to any third-party content. FC Lawyers disclaims all responsibility and all liability (including liability for negligence) for all expenses, losses, damages and costs you might incur as a result of the information being inaccurate or incomplete in any way. Appropriate legal advice should always be obtained in actual situations.


Prefer to get in touch?

With offices in Brisbane, Sunshine Coast, North Queensland and Sydney, our team is well equipped to provide both advice and support across a broad range of legal areas.

Free call 1800 640 509
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.