FC Lawyers offers an integrated sports law service including advising clients on commercial, sponsorship and intellectual property matters, disciplinary and integrity issues, immigration issues and employment contract and litigation and dispute resolution and managing reputation.
We are acknowledged for the depth of our market insight. We provide legal services for sport’s governing bodies, clubs and teams, players and agents and other sports-related commercial ventures. We work across a variety of different sports including National Rugby League (NRL), rugby union, Australian Football League (AFL), soccer, athletics, swimming and many more sports.
Our lawyers also have expertise in supporting clients in the broader sports and entertainment field including venue owners, sponsors, retailers, and broadcasters who engage us on both commercial and private client related matters.
Our areas of sports law include:
- Employment contracts with teams and individual athletes
- Coaching contracts
- Sponsorship agreements
- Endorsement contracts
- Merchandising agreements
- Sporting governance
- Regulatory: interpretation of rules and regulations; information sharing agreements (with betting companies, regulators, and other stakeholders); investigations; disciplinary procedures; integrity issues (such as match fixing and other betting-related corruption)
- Defamation and privacy issues
- Reputation management and advice
- Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority (ASADA) code and anti-doping rules and regulations
- Risk management
- Intellectual property
What should you do next?
Our team of sports lawyers will be able to provide advice to you in all aspects of your sports law matters.
We have over 25 years’ experience in assisting clients through various sporting legal matters.
Contact our team today to discuss your sports law needs.